Buyers are solely responsible for the packing, collection and shipment of their wines, if preferred this process will be supervised on their behalf by Rarest Wines. Rates, transit times, and methods available are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Wine must be shipped to adults aged 18 years or older and cannot be shipped to P.O. boxes or left on premises without a signature: it’s the law. We strongly recommend shipping to a commercial address to ensure delivery on the first attempt. For the security of your purchases, wines cannot be combined across multiple accounts for onsolidated shipping.
Please allow 24 business hours advanced notice for shipping or pickup requests. If your request needs immediate attention, please send an e-mail to our customer service to arrange shipment or pickup Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Customers are welcome to pick up their orders at our facility Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm in Piazzetta delle Poste 19, Bassano del Grappa, 36061 VI.
Shipping & handling charges are billed to the client directly from the chosen courier. The shipping charges billed to your Rarest-Wines account with your payment method on file is solely the shipping costs advanced in the name and on behalf of the customer.
You’ll receive a shipping notification email at the end of business day.
Pickups are packed in complimentary cardboard boxes free of charge. Requests to pick up in Styrofoam shippers, large format packaging, or palletized orders as required by outside carriers may be subject to additional charges.
We want your shipping experience to be as customizable as possible as we care about your wines. For that reason, your shipments will not be released in extreme weather unless you specifically provide your waiver to do so.
- Most customers choose to ship weather permitting, which means wine shipments are not released until temperatures are between -5°C and 20°C at our warehouse and your shipping destination. During these times, your wines remain safely stored in our warehouse even if you have selected a ship date.
- If you would like to ship your wine as quickly as possible no matter the weather, you accept all liability for the condition of your wines and understand no claims will be honored.
Storing and shipping your wines:
- Purchases are stored in our state-of-the art facility and receive six months of free storage from your invoice date and you are welcome to accumulate purchases as long as you’d like prior to shipping.
- If you’re only interested in shipping a portion of your stored inventory, feel free to contact customer service with the list of wines you’d like to ship. Use our Shipping Calculator to view your estimated rate and transit time options.
Original wine cases are included with some items on the website and can be wood, cardboard, plastic, or metal. These ship separately from your wines so the bottles can be packed in custom Styrofoam shippers for their protection and a separate charge will apply to these shipments. Because they’re not temperature sensitive, they may ship sooner than your wines depending on your weather and storage preferences.
Shipping from your Rarest Wines account
We are in contact with a number of carriers to offer convenient options for our customers to ship their purchases. Select your shipping destination from our Shipping Calculator to see available options.
Other shipping options
For locations where our contracted shipping services aren’t available or don’t meet your needs, you are welcome to use the services of outside couriers as well. There are several local third-party wine shipping companies who pick up from our storage facility on a weekly basis.
We’re available for customers to pick up Monday–Fridays, 9am–5pm (excluding major holidays). You can chat or call us directly to schedule but please allow 24 hours’ advanced notice for a pickup request. You’re welcome to authorize someone else to pick up on your behalf by emailing us with their name. Parties picking up on your behalf will need to show a valid photo ID to retrieve your order. Orders that are not picked up as scheduled are subject to a restocking fee.
Replacement and complaints
Our courier is very careful to delicately handle the parcels sent by us, if for some reason one or more bottles should arrive damaged at your address, immediately contact our customer care at email@example.com and explain the extent of the damage.
We will try to answer you as soon as possible.
In case of damaged goods you will be asked to send us the bottle to be returned and to send us a photo with the description of the damage via email.
To be entitled to a return, the bottle must be unused and in the same condition in which you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Once we receive and inspect the bottle, we will send you an email that we have received the returned item. We will also inform you of the approval or refusal of the refund. If approved, a refund will be automatically generated within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the goods applied to your credit card or to the original payment method.
You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs for returning the item. Shipping costs are not refundable. If you receive a refund, the return shipping cost will be deducted from the refund.
- Send an e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org address within and no later than 14 days from receipt of the package, the request for reimbursement and the reason for the same
- No later than 14 days from the communication of the return intention, send the goods you want to return to the address: Piazzetta delle Poste, 19 Bassano del Grappa (VI) 36061 ITALY.
Replacement requests or complaints are not accepted unless the bottle has been damaged in transit. The bottles come from private collections, from restaurants or from wine merchants, each bottle has had its own history, we cannot guarantee that the wine is still perfectly preserved after many years. We can assure you that the conditions of the bottle are exactly as in the description and photograph.
The sale of our bottles is therefore subject to the “seen and liked” clause.